Malaysia’s 1st Water Theme Park “In The Sky” SPLASH WORLD @ HARBOUR CITY
Malaysia’s 1st Water Theme Park “In The Sky”
SPLASH WORLD @ HARBOUR CITY
It’s finally revealed. The RM200 million water theme park, the largest in Melaka and the world’s first ‘sky’ theme park… introducing Splash World @ Harbour City! Enter a world of thrills and spills, where the fun and excitement never stops, the new destination sensation in Melaka, the latest creative innovation brought to you by Hatten Land.
Fun is taken to a whole new level here in a gigantic water wonderland overlooking the Straits of Melaka. Get ready to dive into a world of larger-than-life theme park rides, giant slides and water sports surrounded by palm trees, island breeze and sunny skies.
Offering family-friendly slide rides, extreme activities for thrill-seekers and calmer waters near the junior playground, another main attraction is the Lazy River, an amazing 2 kilometre ride that takes you up and over the entire water park flowing through tunnels, passing all the attractions, down to the second floor. Back on ground is the F&B zone and souvenir shops.
Splash World is nestled between two 30-storey towers on the 14th floor deck of Harbour City @ Melaka, a mixed development shaped like a large ship. Harbour City, which has a total estimated gross development value of RM2.2 billion (USD541 million), spans 4.5 million square feet in built-up area. It is a marine-themed mixed development that incorporates retail, hospitality and entertainment elements, and is located on Pulau Melaka.
HIGHLIGHTS! Splash World Attractions
- King Cobra.Guests can ride either singly or with another person as they race through a circular path of twists, turns and surprises. The heart-pounding ride gives guests an extra surge of excitement as they shoot up a nearly vertical slope before sliding backwards, several times, before exiting the ride.
- Surf Safari. This exciting attraction features a daring, 40-degree, sloped entrance and a unique, parabolic design that creates an illusion that adds to the adrenalin-filled experience - one never before seen in a family-styled waterslide.
- Looping Rocket.This high-adrenaline ride delivers one of the highest drops guests can legally experience while also dazzling with its optional "Magic Shine" and translucent colors.
- Windigo.Guests enter this slide alongside one another in enclosed tubes that spread out to create geometrical curves that curl parallel with the others and end in multiracer lanes.
- Sphere + Navigatour Combinations.Water-injection propulsion shoots riders up and down hills, through a Sphere and into an enclosed tube slide.
- Aquatube. Guests speed along this enclosed slide in complete darkness, creating a thrilling experience that is unmatched by the park's other slides.
- Wide Rafting Slide + Big Hole.Another unique combo design that was specially created for this park.
- Uphill Navigatour.Guests sliding along the Navigatour's breathtaking path slip in and out of the light as they experience an amazing light show. In the Blackhole portion of the ride, guests continue along a path offast-changing colors and designs in a high-speed trip through multiple turns and inclines.
- Freefall.This slide offers an exhilarating drop for guests who want to experience the thrill of a freefall without the danger.
- B09 Water Play Structure. Available in a variety of colors and theme designs, this colorful and innovative creation just for kids can incorporate specialized decorative articles to perfectly match any park's theming.
- Wave Ball.From small ripples to powerful waves, the Wave Ball transforms the calm water into a raging ocean in just a few seconds!
Artist’s impression of Splash World @ Harbour City on Pulau Melaka
At the Splash World Collaboration Signing Ceremony:
0n 7th Aug 2018 at Hatten ICON Gallery, Melaka, Hatten Land signed collaboration agreements with world-renowned leaders in their respective field, Samsung C&T, leading global operator and service provider and Polin Waterparks, a multi-award-winning global leader in design, production, engineering and installation of waterparks and water slides.
YAB Tuan Adly Bin Zahari, the Honourable Chief Minister of Melaka, witnessed the signing ceremony among the three parties. Due for completion by end-2019 and expected to be opened to the public in the first half of 2020, Splash World @ Harbour City will be one of the region’s largest water parks with up to 5,200 visitors a day. It will attract 850,000 to 1.0 million visitors annually after the first year of operation and the presence of the water theme park is also expected to extend the average length of visitors’ stays and increase their average spending per day. The scale and concept of the project will reshape tourism in Melaka.